Thursday, October 23, 2008

David Sedaris has the following to say about undecided voters. I saw it over at Gerry's website, and while I know that it is likely that anyone reading my blog will already have read Gerry's, I found it too good to pass up:
To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. “Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?”

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I love David Sedaris, in this case he’s making the same mistake other comics have of confusing the words “undecided” and “indecisive”. As you can see at my http://www.undecidedman.com blog, some of us have chosen to use the time between now and the election to think about the candidates and issues much MORE than those who made up their mind long ago.